From HEXONET Wiki
.cn, .com.cn, .net.cn, .org.cn
|Allowed number of NS||
1 to 6
|Host IP-Addresses Type||
IPv4 / IPv6
|Hosts managed as||
|Root Nameserver Update||
|SEC DNS Interface||
|Transfer Authcode required||
|Transfer ACK by||
|Transfer NACK by||
|Owner Change by||
|Add Grace Period||
|Deletion Restorable Period||
|Deletion Hold Period||
Domains can be registered in Real-Time with the API AddDomain command.
command = AddDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
ownercontact0 = (CONTACT) admincontact0 = (CONTACT) techcontact0 = (CONTACT) billingcontact0 = (CONTACT) nameserver0 = (NAMESERVER) nameserver1 = (NAMESERVER) X-CN-REGISTRANT-ID-NUMBER = (TEXT) X-CN-REGISTRANT-ID-TYPE = SFZ | HZ | JGZ | ORG | YYZZ | QT X-CN-ADMIN-ID-NUMBER = <TEXT> X-CN-ADMIN-ID-TYPE = SFZ | HZ | JGZ | ORG | YYZZ | QT X-CN-TECH-ID-NUMBER = <TEXT> X-CN-TECH-ID-TYPE = SFZ | HZ | JGZ | ORG | YYZZ | QT X-CN-BILLING-ID-NUMBER = <TEXT> X-CN-BILLING-ID-TYPE = SFZ | HZ | JGZ | ORG | YYZZ | QT
auth = (TEXT) | (NULL) period = (PERIOD) transferlock = 0 | 1 | (NULL)
The transfer has to be initiated by the gaining registrar and can be requested with the API TransferDomain command.
A valid Authorization Code must be provided to initiate a transfer successfully. You may obtain the authorization code from the losing registrar.
As soon as a domain transfer has been initiated it can either be approved ("ACK") by Registrar or denied ("NACK") by Registrar.
.CN Transfers take up to 5 to 10 days
command = TransferDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
auth = (TEXT) | (NULL)
period = (PERIOD) transferlock = 0 | 1 | (NULL) action = REQUEST | APPROVE | DENY | CANCEL | USERTRANSFER
Domains can be deleted with the API DeleteDomain command.
There is a Deletion Restorable Period of 15 days.
command = DeleteDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
Restores can be processed manually within 15 days upon deletion. Please use the command RestoreDomain.
command = RestoreDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
subuser = (TEXT) renewalmode = (NULL) | (TEXT)
Change of owner must be requested manually (see TLD specific).
X-CN-REGISTRANT-ID-TYPE and X-CN-REGISTRANT-ID-NUMBER
The related ID-Number
.CN special registration restrictions
.CN regional domain names are specific TLDs representing Chinese regions. The following .CN regional TLDs are available:
- AH.cn (Anhui)
- BJ.cn (Beijing)
- CQ.cn (Chongqing)
- FJ.cn (Fujian)
- GD.cn (Guangdong)
- GS.cn (Gansu)
- GX.cn (Guangxi)
- GZ.cn (Guizhou)
- HA.cn (Henan)
- HB.cn (Hubei)
- HE.cn (Hebei)
- HI.cn (Hainan)
- HK.cn (Xianggang/Hongkong)
- HL.cn (Helongjiang)
- HN.cn (Hunan)
- JL.cn (Jilin)
- JS.cn (Jiangsu)
- JX.cn (Jiangxi)
- LN.cn (Liaoning)
- MO.cn (Aomen/Mocao)
- NM.cn (Neimenggu)
- NX.cn (Ningxia)
- QH.cn (Qinghai)
- SC.cn (Sichuan)
- SD.cn (Shandong)
- SH.cn (Shanghai)
- SN.cn (Shanxi)
- SX.cn (Shangxi)
- TJ.cn (Tianjin)
- TW.cn (Taiwan)
- XJ.cn (Xinjiang
- XZ.cn (Xizang/Tibet
- YN.cn (Yunnan
- ZJ.cn (Zhejiang
Registrants must be businesses or organizations.
- Registrants of .CN Domains must comply to the General Terms and Conditions of .CN Domains:
- Registrants may not register or use a domain name that is deemed by CNNIC to:
- Be against the basic principles prescribed in the Constitution of the Peoples Republic of China (“PRC”);
- Jeopardize national security, leak state secrets, intend to overturn the government, or disrupt of state integrity of the PRC;
- Harm national honor and national interests of the PRC;
- Instigate hostility or discrimination between different nationalities, or disrupt the national solidarity of the PRC;
- Violate the PRC’s religion policies or propagate cult and feudal superstition;
- Spread rumours, disturb public order or disrupt social stability of the PRC;
- Spread pornography, obscenity, gambling, violence, homicide, terror or instigate crimes in the PRC;
- Insult, libel against others and infringe other people' s legal rights and interests in the PRC; or
- Take any other action prohibited in laws, rules and administrative regulations of the PRC.
- The administrative contact of the domain must be an employee of the applying company.
It is required to provide all the appropriate documentation described below with every .CN domain name registration.
Please note: if a Chinese document is provided, then Chinese characters must be used for the registrant contact Name and/or Organization. Pinyin characters are not allowed if Chinese characters are used in the supporting documents.
A copy of government issued identification for the Registrant which must match what is listed in WHOIS. (Example: Drivers license, passport, etc). In .JPG format between 100K and 1MB.
A copy of corporate documentation that shows it is a legal entity. (Example: Articles of incorporation, business license) Additionally, the CNNIC audit system only allow one page to be uploaded. They have requested that only the first page of the license, which mentions the official company name be provided.
The required documentation must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 25 days after the registration request. Failure to submit valid documentation via fax or email will result in the domain(s) being revoked.
Validation of Required Documentation:
CNNIC will review the documents, which can take up to 5 days. CNNIC will be auditing every document submitted. Once again, please note that if Chinese characters are used in the supporting documents, then Chinese characters must be used for the registrant contact Name and/or Organization. Pinyin characters are not allowed.
CNNIC reserves the right to do an audit of the supporting documentation and if the information does not match what is listed in WHOIS, CNNIC reserves the right to suspend such registration.
Once a ‘Registrant-ID’ is registered along with the supporting documentation, this Registrant-ID is considered to be ‘white-listed’ by CNNIC. Future registrations under the same ‘Registrant-ID’ will not need to submit new documentation. This applies to both Company and Individual registrations. The only documentation needed will be the Letter of Commitment for the new Registrations.
That online domain registration leaves the domain in a PENDING status until the documents listed above are submitted and processed. If a registration is denied due to document invalidation, the ENTIRE application processes must be followed again from the beginning. Once all validation of all documentation is complete, the domain will change status to serverhold if the name is not recorded in China’s MIIT ICP Recording system. In that case users should record the name with MIIT ICP Recording system and provide the Record Number via email to HEXONET. We will then request the update of the status to OK.
Rejected registration attempts:
If the required documents are not complete or contain errors or if the applying registrant does not fulfil the registry's requirements the registry may reject the registration. Unfortunately, they do not automatically provide a reason for the rejection to the registrar. In case that you need to know the exact reasons for a rejection please contact our support. We will then contact the registry and ask for the reasons for the rejection. Please consider that this may take up to 7 working days.
Change of Registrant
Modifications to a .CN domain owner contact can be performed in the Control Panel or using the API.
The new owner information has to be verified within 30 days after the update. Otherwise the registry will de-activate the domain. Please see above information for the required documents.
Rejected ownerchange attempts:
If the required documents are not complete or contain errors or if the applying registrant does not fulfil the registry's requirements the registry may reject the ownerchange. Unfortunately, they do not automatically provide a reason for the rejection to the registrar. In case that you need to know the exact reasons for a rejection please contact our support. We will then contact the registry and ask for the reasons for the rejection. Please consider that this may take up to 7 working days.
- Please ensure, that you have a correct “Authorization Code” associated with the domain, before initiating the transfer, otherwise it will fail.
- Ensure that your respective domain does not have a lock-status (REGISTRAR-LOCK or HOLD). This can be seen in the WHOIS. If the domain is locked, then the owner can demand that this be unlocked.
- Initiate the transfer on time and not just shortly before the domain expires.
- Please ensure that the domain is older than 60 days otherwise the transfer will be denied.
- Please note that if a .CN domain name is registered with a direct accredited CNNIC registrar (Domestic), it can only be transferred to a gateway registrar (Foreign) with a manual procedure. Please contact our support by email and send us the domain name and the respective authorization code.
In case that a domain name is registered with a domestic registrar, the error message of our system will return the message:
545 Object does not exist (<value>SRS Major Code: XXXX</value> | <value>SRS Minor Code: XXXXXXXX</value> | <value>--DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND</value> | <value>Domain name: DOMAIN.CN</value>)