From HEXONET Wiki
|Category||Culture & Community|
|Registry||Public Interest Registry|
|Dispute Policy||ICANN Rules|
Registration Eligibility and Validation
Step 1 (During Registration): NGOs participating as members in the OnGood community must certify the following
- Focused on acting in the public interest. Whether in support of education or health, the environment or human rights, members of the NGO community work for the good of humankind and/or the preservation of the planet and do not promote discrimination or bigotry.
- Non-profit focused entities. While many NGOs engage in commercial activities or generate revenue in support of their missions, members of the NGO community do not recognise profits or retain earnings.
- Limited government influence. Recognising that many NGOs have important interactions with government, not least for reasons of funding (which may include receipt of some government funding in support of their programs), members of the NGO community decide their own policies, direct their own activities and are independent of direct government or political control.
- Independent actors. Members of the NGO community should not be political parties nor should be a part of any government.
- Participation in the work of an NGO or ONG is voluntary.
- Active Organisations. Members of the NGO community are actively pursuing their missions on a regular basis.
- Structured. Members of the NGO community, whether large or small, operate in a structured manner (e.g., under bylaws, codes of conduct, organisational standards, or other governance structures.)
- Lawful. Members of the NGO community act with integrity within the bounds of law.
Step 2 (via Email Post Registration): Provide the name[s] the NGO conducts business and specific governmental certification information. The NGO will be asked to provide their formal name and other names they do business, the country they are formally registered with to do business and any applicable identifying information, e.g., a tax identification or registration certification number
Step 3 (via Email Post Registration): Provide other credential information to demonstrate status as an NGO. The final step involves providing additional information to demonstrate NGO status
Validation: Registry will notify registrants of their pass or fail status. Passing validation will immediately result in the release of server hold and the registrant will have access to their domain name. For entities registering subsequent domain name bundles, all domains will have their validation term synced to the most recent registration. As a registrant benefit, this will simplify the re-validation process by having one validation date for all domains, regardless of multiple registration dates. Registrants purchasing additional domain names will simply need to confirm the accuracy of the validation data previously supplied. When transferring a domain that has not expired to a new registrant, the new registrant will be required to complete validation.
Technical Bundling with .ONG
Registration of domains in .ngo|.ong are technically “bundled.” This means that by registering and purchasing a domain in the .ngo TLD, for example, the NGO registrant is also registering and purchasing the corresponding name in the .ong TLD (and vice-versa for registrations in .ong). The Registrant cannot, for example, purchase “example.ngo” by itself; by purchasing the domain “example.ngo” the Registrant is also necessarily purchasing the domain “example.ong” due to the technical bundling of domains in .ngo|.ong.
- If the Registrant takes a particular action concerning the registration of a domain registered in .ngo (such as transferring or deleting the registration), the same action must also be taken for the corresponding .ong domain (and vice-versa).
- If any Registry, Registrar or Service Provider policies change concerning a domain registered in .ngo (including, but not limited to, denying, suspending, revoking, transferring or modifying the information or services provided in relation to any domain name), the Registry, Registrar or Service Provider will necessarily take the same action against the corresponding domain registered in the .ong TLD (and vice-versa).
|Allowed number of NS||
0 to 13
|Host IP-Addresses Type||
IPv4 / IPv6
|Hosts managed as||
|Root Nameserver Update||
|SEC DNS Interface||
DS data interface
|Transfer Authcode required||
|Transfer ACK by||
|Transfer NACK by||
|Owner Change by||
|Add Grace Period||
|Deletion Restorable Period||
|Deletion Hold Period||
Domains can be registered in Real-Time with the API AddDomain command.
command = AddDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
ownercontact0 = (CONTACT) admincontact0 = (CONTACT) techcontact0 = (CONTACT) billingcontact0 = (CONTACT) nameserver0 = (NAMESERVER) nameserver1 = (NAMESERVER) X-NGO-ACCEPT-REGISTRATION-TAC = 1
auth = (TEXT) | (NULL) period = (PERIOD) transferlock = 0 | 1 | (NULL)
The transfer has to be initiated by the gaining registrar and can be requested with the API TransferDomain command.
A valid Authorization Code must be provided to initiate a transfer successfully. You may obtain the authorization code from the losing registrar.
As soon as a domain transfer has been initiated it can either be approved ("ACK") by Registrar or denied ("NACK") by Registrar.
Please note that HEXONET is acting in compliance with ICANN Transfer Guidelines. The respective policies can be viewed under http://www.icann.org/transfers/ :
As soon as you have submitted a transfer request, the HEXONET system start the transfer through the official registry and the losing registrar will receive the transfer request. The losing registrar will then send an email to the domain registrant/administrative contact, allowing them to deny the pending transfer. If there is no response received within 5 days, the transfer will automatically be processed.
command = TransferDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
auth = (TEXT)
period = (PERIOD) transferlock = 0 | 1 | (NULL) action = REQUEST | APPROVE | DENY | CANCEL | USERTRANSFER
Domains can be deleted with the API DeleteDomain command.
There is a Deletion Restorable Period of 30 days and a following Deletion Hold Period of 5 days.
command = DeleteDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
Restores can be processed in realtime. A restore is possible within 30 days upon deletion. Please use the command RestoreDomain.
command = RestoreDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
subuser = (TEXT) renewalmode = (NULL) | (TEXT)
All contact information with the exception of registrant Name, Firstname and Organisation can be updated through the ModifyDomain command.
In order to change the owner you have to request a trade with the TradeDomain command. This can be done through our web interface or through our API:
command = TradeDomain domain = <DOMAIN> ownercontact0 = <CONTACT>
command = ModifyDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
ownercontact0 = (CONTACT)
Validation and ClaimID
Upon initial registration, a ClaimID with property X-REGISTRANT-CLAIMID will be assigned to every .NGO domain. This value is available in the Control Panel under the 'Miscellaneous' tab for the respective .NGO domain name. To validate, the registrant will need to visit the OnGood.ngo website with their proper ClaimID appended as follows.
Validation URL: https://www.OnGood.ngo?d1=<X-REGISTRANT-CLAIMID>
There are special requirements regarding the format of the authorization code. Please consider the following restrictions, if you want to assign a new authorization code to a .COM domain:
- Minimum 8 characters
- having at least one (1) numeric,
- one (1) alphabetic, and
- one (1) special character
You may generate a valid random auth code by adding this parameter to the ModifyDomain command:
command = ModifyDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
generaterandomauth = 1
The following overview shows you all available Domain Addons which can be used for this special kind of TLD. It also shows the respective API parameters which are required to activate the Domain Addons:
|Addon Class||Parameter to (de)activate *1)||Renewal term *2)||Affected Parameters *3)|
|Proxy (WHOISTRUSTEELITE_ORG)||X-ACCEPT-WHOISTRUSTEELITE-TAC = 0 | 1||1 month||All Contacts|
|Proxy (WHOISTRUSTEE_ORG)||X-ACCEPT-WHOISTRUSTEE-TAC = 0 | 1||1 month||All Contacts|