From HEXONET Wiki
|.SE is the official country code Top-Level-Domain (ccTLD) of Sweden. A .SE domain is normally used by companies or private entities who are located in Sweden or who have business relationships with Sweden.|
|Allowed number of NS||
0 to 10
|Host IP-Addresses Type||
IPv4 / IPv6
|Hosts managed as||
|Root Nameserver Update||
|SEC DNS Interface||
DS data interface
|Transfer Authcode required||
|Transfer Confirmation (Request / Approve)||
- / -
|Owner Change by||
|Trade Confirmation (Request / Approve)||
Fax / -
|Trade ACK by||
|Trade NACK by||
|Add Grace Period||
|Deletion Restorable Period||
|Deletion Hold Period||
Domains can be registered in Real-Time with the API AddDomain command.
command = AddDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
ownercontact0 = (CONTACT) admincontact0 = (CONTACT) techcontact0 = (CONTACT) billingcontact0 = (CONTACT) nameserver0 = (NAMESERVER) nameserver1 = (NAMESERVER) X-NICSE-IDNUMBER = [DE]123456789 X-NICSE-VATID = DE123456789
auth = (TEXT) | (NULL) period = (PERIOD) transferlock = 0 | 1 | (NULL) X-NICSE-DISCLOSE = 0 | 1
The transfer has to be initiated by the gaining registrar and can be requested with the API TransferDomain command.
A valid Authorization Code must be provided to initiate a transfer successfully. You may obtain the authorization code from the losing registrar.
Domain transfers are processed in Real-Time.
command = TransferDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
auth = (TEXT)
period = (PERIOD) transferlock = 0 | 1 | (NULL) action = REQUEST | APPROVE | DENY | CANCEL | USERTRANSFER
command = DeleteDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
Restores can be processed in realtime. A restore is possible within 1 day upon deletion. Please use the command RestoreDomain.
command = RestoreDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
subuser = (TEXT) renewalmode = (NULL) | (TEXT)
All contact information with the exception of registrant Name, Firstname and Organisation can be updated through the ModifyDomain command.
command = ModifyDomain domain = (domain)
ownercontact0 = (CONTACT)
In order to change the owner you have to request a trade with the TradeDomain command. This can be done through our web interface or through our API:
command = TradeDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
ownercontact0 = (CONTACT) auth = (TEXT)
Some special parameters have to be specified:
X-NICSE-IDNUMBER - This number must be provided for individuals as well as for organizations. For individuals or companies located in Sweden a valid Swedish personal or organizational number must be stated (6 digits, dash, 4 digits). For individuals and companies outside of Sweden the ID number (e.g. Civic registration number, company registration number, or the equivalent) can consist of 4 to 123 characters.
X-NICSE-VATID - The VAT id is only required for companies that are located inside the European Union but outside Sweden.
Example API call to register a SE domain for a german company:
command = AddDomain domain = yourdomain.se ownercontact0 = Owner Contact Handle x-nicse-idnumber = [DE]123456789 x-nicse-vatid = DE123456789
By default there is a privacy protection for individual registrants in place. You can disclose the information within the AddDomain or ModifyDomain command using the following extension:
X-NICSE-DISCLOSE = 0 | 1
Third Level Domain Names
- ORG.SE: for not-for-profit associations.
- PP.SE: only private individuals.
The registrant must be a natural person with a Swedish personal identity number or a Swedish coordination number.
- PARTI.SE: for political parties.
- PRESS.SE: for magazines and journals.
Registration under .PRESS.SE requires an authorization to publish issued by the Swedish Patent and Registration Office (PRV).
- TM.SE: for trademarks.
If certain letters or numbers are an explicit part of the trademark, these parts shall also be included in the domain name. In order to register a trademark as a domain name, the trademark must be protected according to one of the following three alternatives:
- A national distinguishing feature for products or services that is registered at the Swedish Patent and Registration Office (PRV) and where the registration has come into effect;
- An international distinguishing feature that is protected in accordance with the Madrid Protocol and, after designation, has been registered, and the registration has come into effect in Sweden; or
- A distinguishing feature that through registration as an EU trademark at the Office of Harmonization for the Internal Market (OHIM) registration authorities in Alicante, Spain, has come into effect in Sweden.
Only the entire word that is the trademark, as stated on the registration document, is registered as domain name under .TM.SE.
Business enterprises may be registered under the county-related domain name (corresponding to the county's abbreviation) in the county where the applicant has its head office. For registration, the applicant must run a business enterprise and must be registered for corporate taxation (i.e. the applicant has an F-tax certificate).
A domain name registered under the county-related second-level domain in which the operation is registered appears as follows:
- K.SE: Blekinge County
- I.SE: Gotland County
- X.SE: Gävleborg County
- N.SE: Halland County
- Z.SE: Jämtland County
- F.SE: Jönköping County
- H.SE: Kalmar County
- W.SE:Dalarna County (formerly Kopparberg County)
- G.SE: Kronoberg County
- BD.SE: Norrbotten County
- M.SE: Skåne County (formerly Malmöhus County)
- A.SE: Stockholm County
- D.SE: Södermanland County
- C.SE: Uppsala County
- S.SE: Värmland County
- AC.SE: Västerbotten County
- Y.SE: Västernorrland County
- U.SE: Västmanland County
- O.SE: Västra Götaland County (formerly Göteborg and Bohus County)
- T.SE: Örebro County
- E.SE: Östergötland County
There are still county domains that derive from counties that no longer exist. New registrations under these county domains are not permitted. This applies to:
- L.SE: Kristianstad County (see Skåne County)
- R.SE: Skaraborg County (see Västra Götaland County)
- P.SE: Älvsborg County (see Västra Götaland County)
How to request an authorization code for a domain name at .SE Direkt.
- Go to http://domainmanager.iis.se
- Login to your account. If you don’t have your login details, you need to request new ones according to help instruction 2 in DomainManager.
- Click “domains” after you have logged into your account
- Click on the domain name that you need an authorization code for.
- Click ”Generate authorization code” Please note that only the domain holder has the authority to request an authorization code in the DomainManager.
- Click ”OK” in the pop-up window
- Copy and save the code in order to give it to your new registrar. Please note that any administrative, technical and/or billing contact will be removed when the change of registrar is executed. If you like to state an administrative, technical and/or billing contact after the change, please contact us for further assistance.
Please note, that the registry will send an invoice to the owner of a domain providing him the possibility to pay the renewal fee directly to the registry. If the invoice is not paid to NIC.se the domain will be finally deleted. If you don't want the registry to send an invoice you have to send the respective Termination Fax directly to NIC.se.
Please visit http://www.domainform.net/ and generate the following form and have them signed and faxed: "Form for Changing the Holder of a domain Name" (to be signed by the current registrant)
There are special requirements regarding the format of the authorization code. Please consider the following restrictions, if you want to assign a new authorization code to a .SE domain:
- Minimum 9 characters
- at least one of a-z
- at least one of A-Z
- at least one of 0-9
- at least one character not in a-z, A-Z, 0-9.
Change of Registrant (Trade)If you are RegistrarOC customer, you have to activate pending domain trades after receiving the fax form with the ActivateDomainTrade command. As RegistrarOC customer, you have the possibility to customize our fax form with your logo and your fax number.
Restore ProcessTo restore a domain as a RegistrarOC customer, you simply have to execute the RestoreDomain command. HEXONET directly forwards the restore request to the registry, which performs the restore in real-time. As soon as the restore is complete, the domain will get assigned to your account with the original domain data.