From HEXONET Wiki
.tw, .com.tw, .org.tw, .idv.tw, .game.tw, .club.tw, ebiz.tw
Partly (see Characters)
|Allowed number of NS||
0 to 10
|Host IP-Addresses Type||
IPv4 / IPv6
|Hosts managed as||
|Root Nameserver Update||
every 6 hours
|SEC DNS Interface||
DS data interface
|Transfer Authcode required||
|Transfer ACK by||
|Transfer NACK by||
|Owner Change by||
|Add Grace Period||
|Deletion Restorable Period||
|Deletion Hold Period||
Domains can be registered in Real-Time with the API AddDomain command.
command = AddDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
ownercontact0 = (CONTACT) admincontact0 = (CONTACT) techcontact0 = (CONTACT) billingcontact0 = (CONTACT) nameserver0 = (NAMESERVER) nameserver1 = (NAMESERVER)
auth = <TEXT> | <NULL> transferlock = 0 | 1 | <NULL> subuser = <TEXT> | <NULL>
The transfer has to be initiated by the gaining registrar and can be requested with the API TransferDomain command.
A valid Authorization Code must be provided to initiate a transfer successfully. You may obtain the authorization code from the losing registrar.
As soon as a domain transfer has been initiated it can either be approved ("ACK") by Registrar or denied ("NACK") by Registrar.
command = TransferDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
action = REQUEST | APPROVE | DENY | CANCEL | USERTRANSFER auth = <TEXT>
order = CREATE | REPLACE | UPDATE subuser = <TEXT> | <NULL> period = <PERIOD> transferlock = 0 | 1 | <NULL>
command = DeleteDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
Restores can be processed in realtime. A restore is possible within 0 days upon deletion. Please use the command RestoreDomain.
command = RestoreDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
renewalmode = <NULL> | <TEXT> subuser = <TEXT>
An Ownerchange is free of charge and can be done with the API ModifyDomain command.
Registrants of TW Domains must comply to the General Terms and Conditions of .TW Domains:
- Supervision and Guidance Regulation for Internet Protocol (IP) Address and Domain Name Registration and Management Services currently at twnic's site.
- Guidelines for Administration of Domain Name Registration currently at twnic's site.
- Guidelines for Authorisation of Domain Name Registration Services, currently at twnic's site.
- TWNIC Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy, currently at twnic's site.
- Rules for TWNIC Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy, currently at twnic's site.
- A .TW Domain Transfer must be initiated with a so-called "Authorisation Code", which can be obtained from the current registrar through the owner or Admin-C of the domain.
- Please ensure, that you have a correct "Authorisation Code" associated with the domain, before initiating the transfer, otherwise it will fail.
- Ensure that your respective domain does not have a lock-status (REGISTRAR-LOCK or HOLD). This can be seen in the WHOIS. If the domain is locked, then the owner can demand that this be unlocked.
- Initiate the transfer on time and not just shortly before the domain expires.
- Please ensure that the domain is older than 60 days otherwise the transfer will be denied.
- Please note that you need a signed request from the registrant before you initiate the transfer.
- Please note that if a .TW domain name is registered with a direct accredited registrar (Domestic), it can only be transferred to a gateway registrar (Foreign) with a special transfer form. If you are trying to transfer such a domain using the normal way, you will get a error message saying "Domain not found". The respective form can be downloaded here: Sample Application Letter
The transfer of a .TW domain will usually take 5 to 10 days.