From HEXONET Wiki
.fr, .pm, .tf, .wf, .yt
The administrative contact must be located in the following countries:
|Allowed number of NS||
0 to 8
|Host IP-Addresses Type||
IPv4 / IPv6
|Hosts managed as||
|Root Nameserver Update||
|SEC DNS Interface||
DS data interface
reset, 1 year added
|Transfer Authcode required||
|Transfer ACK by||
|Transfer NACK by||
|Owner Change by||
|Trade ACK by||
|Trade NACK by||
|Add Grace Period||
|Deletion Restorable Period||
|Deletion Hold Period||
Domains can be registered in Real-Time with the API AddDomain command. Available zones:
- COM.FR (Only existing domains. New 3rd level registrations are not possible any more since December 6, 2011)
command = AddDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
ownercontact0 = (CONTACT) admincontact0 = (CONTACT) techcontact0 = (CONTACT) billingcontact0 = (CONTACT) nameserver0 = (NAMESERVER) nameserver1 = (NAMESERVER)
auth = (TEXT) | (NULL) period = (PERIOD) transferlock = 0 | 1 | (NULL) X-FR-ACCEPT-TRUSTEE-TAC = 1 X-FR-REGISTRANT-BIRTH-DATE = (YYYY-MM-DD) X-FR-REGISTRANT-BIRTH-PLACE = (TEXT) X-FR-REGISTRANT-LEGAL-ID = (TEXT) X-FR-REGISTRANT-TRADEMARK-NUMBER = (TEXT) X-FR-REGISTRANT-DUNS-NUMBER = (TEXT) X-FR-REGISTRANT-LOCAL-ID = (TEXT) X-FR-REGISTRANT-JO-DATE-DECLARATION = (YYYY-MM-DD) X-FR-REGISTRANT-JO-NUMBER = (NULL) X-FR-REGISTRANT-JO-PAGE = (NULL) X-FR-REGISTRANT-JO-DATE-PUBLICATION = (YYYY-MM-DD)
The expiration date of ALL AFNIC TLD's (FR & RE, etc.) will be reset to the date of the successful transfer + 1 year. Once a transfer has been requested, the Registry AFNIC will send an email to the registrant, asking for confirmation.
command = TransferDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
auth = (TEXT) | (NULL) admincontact0 = (CONTACT) techcontact0 = (CONTACT)
period = (PERIOD) transferlock = 0 | 1 | (NULL) action = REQUEST | APPROVE | DENY | CANCEL | USERTRANSFER
Domains can be deleted with the API DeleteDomain command.
There is a Deletion Restorable Period of 30 days.
command = DeleteDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
Restores can be processed in realtime. A restore is possible within 30 days upon deletion. Please use the command RestoreDomain.
command = RestoreDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
subuser = (TEXT) renewalmode = (NULL) | (TEXT)
All contact information with the exception of registrant Name, Firstname and Organisation can be updated through the ModifyDomain command. In order to change the owner you have to request a trade with the TradeDomain command. This can be done through our web interface or through our API:
command = TradeDomain domain = <DOMAIN> ownercontact0 = <CONTACT> auth = <TEXT>
A Change of Registrar with the simultaneous change in the Registrant is NOT possible anymore.
The authcode is mandatory for a change of registrant!
Depending on the type of registrant, different extensions must be provided. If a certain requirement can't be fulfilled, please use HEXONET´s Trustee service to register .FR domains.
If you are an individual, you have to state the following parameters:
X-FR-REGISTRANT-BIRTH-DATE = (DATE) - The registrant's date of birth in the form YYYY-MM-DD<br> X-FR-REGISTRANT-BIRTH-PLACE = (TEXT) (max. 255 chars) - The registrant's place of birth
French registrants have to provide the place of birth in the form <ZIP code>,<City> (e.g. "78181, Saint Quentin en Yvelines Cedex"). Non-French registrants simply have to provide the <TWO-LETTER COUNTRY CODE> of their country of birth (e.g. "DE").
2. Company: Companies having their head office in the territory of the European Union: The VAT must be provided through an extension:
X-FR-REGISTRANT-LEGAL-ID = (TEXT) (max. 255 chars
3. Companies with a European trademark: For companies with a European trademark can additionally add their trademark number using this extension:
X-FR-REGISTRANT-TRADEMARK-NUMBER = (TEXT) (max. 255 chars) - the trademark number
4. Companies with a DUNS number: The DUNS number is a nine-digit number, issued by Dun & Bradstreet. DUNS is the abbreviation of Data Universal Numbering System. Companies with a valid DUNS number are still obliged having their head office in the territory of the European Union. The DUNS number can be provided using this extension:
X-FR-REGISTRANT-DUNS-NUMBER = (TEXT) (max. 255 chars)- The DUNS number
5. Companies with a local identifier specific to a country of the European Economic Area can provide their local identifier using this extension:
X-FR-REGISTRANT-LOCAL-ID = (TEXT) (max. 255 chars) - A local identifier
6. French associations listed with the Journal Officiel de la République Française - The official gazette of the French Republic: The Journal Official Associations publishes notices of creations, breakup or substantial changes with nonprofit associations in France. Using the website http://www.societe.com and the database they provide, query for the respective data below to register a .FR domain name.
X-FR-REGISTRANT-JO-DATE-DECLARATION - the date of declaration of the association in the form '''YYYY-MM-DD'''.<br> X-FR-REGISTRANT-JO-NUMBER - the number of the Journal Officiel.<br> X-FR-REGISTRANT-JO-PAGE - the page of the announcement in the Journal Officiel<br> X-FR-REGISTRANT-JO-DATE-PUBLICATION - the date of publication in the Journal Officiel in the form <b>YYYY-MM-DD</b>
- the zone is installed on all the name servers (at least two servers)
- the zone contact (RNAME) is legal;
- the serial number of the zone is the same on each of the servers;
- the values in the different fields of the SOA must comply with the following constraints
- FIELD - Minimum Value - Maximum Value
- Expires - 1 week - 100 weeks
- Minimum - 3 minutes - 1 week
- Refresh - 1 hour - 2 days
- Retry - 15 minutes - 1 day
- the value of the retry field is lower than that of the refresh field, and
- the value of the expire field is far higher (at least seven times) than that of the refresh field;
- the "TLL" duration in the SOA specifies the TLL for negative responses (NXDOMAIN) and must not be greater than one day;
- the "TLL" duration must be at least one hour for SOA and NS registrations;
- the list of name servers for the zone returned by the server, corresponds with the list of servers stated in the Request;
- the hostmaster address for the zone is valid and can be contacted
Configuration of name servers:
- the server has international IP connectivity;
- the server can be contacted seven days a week, 24 hours a day;
- it must be possible to access the DNS service on port 53 in UDP and TCP for packets sent from any machine over the Internet;
- the server is authoritative for the zone requested;
- for the ".in-addr.arpa" and "." .fr zones, the server must obtain a correct list of the corresponding name servers and is not authoritative if it does not
- appear in this list. The server addresses specified must be correct;
- the server obtains the correct address for each of the other servers in the zone;
- the server carries out checksums on the UDP packets and generates IP packets with a TLL of at least 64;
- the server does not forward requests to one of the AFNIC servers, it must be possible to obtain the names of the servers from their IP addresses.
- AFNIC performs a zone pre-check. You may perform this pre-check by yourself to check if the nameservers are correct: http://www.zonecheck.fr</a>
New 3rd level registrations are not possible any more since December 6, 2011. Previously registered domains are still supported. The registrant of a .COM.FR domain has to be a French organization.
The following overview shows you all available Domain Addons which can be used for this special kind of TLD. It also shows the respective API parameters which are required to activate the Domain Addons:
|Addon Class||Parameter to (de)activate *1)||Renewal term *2)||Affected Parameters *3)|
|Trustee||X-FR-ACCEPT-TRUSTEE-TAC = 0 | 1||1 month||OWNERCONTACT,ADMINCONTACT|
|Trustee||X-FR-ACCEPT-TRUSTEE-TAC = 0 | 1||1 month||OWNERCONTACT,ADMINCONTACT|