From HEXONET Wiki
|Dispute Policy||ICANN Rules|
Landrush Registration Eligibility
- Anyone can apply for a registration during the College Landrush Period, but only eligible applicants will receive their names during the College Landrush Period.
- An eligible applicant is any registrant of a domain name in the .edu or .ac.uk namespaces.
- Each application during the College Landrush Period will be on hold until the Registry is able to verify whether the applicant is an eligible applicant. The Registry will reach out to the applicant if it requires any further information in order to validate that the applicant is the true registrant of a .edu or .ac.uk domain name. If the Registry determines that the applicant is an eligible applicant, the Registry will immediately allocate the eligible applicant the domain name. If the Registry determines that the applicant is not an eligible applicant, the applicant will be deemed a non-eligible applicant. (
- If during the College Landrush a non-eligible applicant applies for a .College domain name before an eligible applicant, the eligible applicant takes priority over the non-eligible applicant and the eligible applicant will be allocated the domain name as soon as the Registry determines the eligible status of the eligible applicant.
- The .College Registry Operator reserves the right to deem applicants that are not registrants of a .edu or .ac.uk domain name eligible applicants at its own discretion in order to further the goals of the College Launch Period.
|Allowed number of NS||
0 to 10
|Host IP-Addresses Type||
IPv4 / IPv6
|Hosts managed as||
|Root Nameserver Update||
|SEC DNS Interface||
DS data interface
|Transfer Authcode required||
|Transfer Pending Period||
|Transfer Expire Action||
|Transfer ACK by||
|Transfer NACK by||
|Owner Change by||
|Add Grace Period||
|Deletion Restorable Period||
|Deletion Hold Period||
Domains can be registered in Real-Time with the API AddDomain command.
command = AddDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
ownercontact0 = (CONTACT) admincontact0 = (CONTACT) techcontact0 = (CONTACT) billingcontact0 = (CONTACT) nameserver0 = (NAMESERVER) nameserver1 = (NAMESERVER)
auth = (TEXT) | (NULL) period = (PERIOD) transferlock = 0 | 1 | (NULL)
The transfer has to be initiated by the gaining registrar and can be requested with the API TransferDomain command.
A valid Authorization Code must be provided to initiate a transfer successfully. You may obtain the authorization code from the losing registrar.
As soon as a domain transfer has been initiated it can either be approved ("ACK") by Registrar or denied ("NACK") by Registrar. If the registry receives neither a denial ("NACK") nor an approval ("ACK") the transfer will be ACKed after 5 days.
Please note that HEXONET is acting in compliance with ICANN Transfer Guidelines. The respective policies can be viewed under http://www.icann.org/transfers/ :
As soon as you have submitted a transfer request, the HEXONET system start the transfer through the official registry and the losing registrar will receive the transfer request. The losing registrar will then send an email to the domain registrant/administrative contact, allowing them to deny the pending transfer. If there is no response received within 5 days, the transfer will automatically be processed.
command = TransferDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
auth = (TEXT)
period = (PERIOD) transferlock = 0 | 1 | (NULL) action = REQUEST | APPROVE | DENY | CANCEL | USERTRANSFER
Domains can be deleted with the API DeleteDomain command.
There is a Deletion Restorable Period of 30 days and a following Deletion Hold Period of 5 days.
command = DeleteDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
Restores can be processed in realtime. A restore is possible within 30 days upon deletion. Please use the command RestoreDomain.
command = RestoreDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
subuser = (TEXT) renewalmode = (NULL) | (TEXT)
All contact information with the exception of registrant Name, Firstname and Organisation can be updated through the ModifyDomain command.
In order to change the owner you have to request a trade with the TradeDomain command. This can be done through our web interface or through our API:
command = TradeDomain domain = <DOMAIN> ownercontact0 = <CONTACT>
command = ModifyDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
ownercontact0 = (CONTACT)
There are special requirements regarding the format of the authorization code. Please consider the following restrictions, if you want to assign a new authorization code to a .COM domain:
- Minimum 8 characters
- having at least one (1) numeric,
- one (1) alphabetic, and
- one (1) special character
You may generate a valid random auth code by adding this parameter to the ModifyDomain command:
command = ModifyDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
generaterandomauth = 1
The following overview shows you all available Domain Addons which can be used for this special kind of TLD. It also shows the respective API parameters which are required to activate the Domain Addons:
|Addon Class||Parameter to (de)activate *1)||Renewal term *2)||Affected Parameters *3)|
|Proxy (WHOISTRUSTEELITE_CENTRALNIC)||X-ACCEPT-WHOISTRUSTEELITE-TAC = 0 | 1||1 month||All Contacts|
|Proxy (WHOISTRUSTEE_CENTRALNIC)||X-ACCEPT-WHOISTRUSTEE-TAC = 0 | 1||1 month||All Contacts|