From HEXONET Wiki
New Basic DNS is identical to the old Internal DNS, except for handling of External Domain Names
- With new Basic DNS, you can continue to create zones and records at no cost (FREE) for domain names registered through HEXONET.
- Both new Basic DNS and old Internal DNS have the same functionalities, except:
- New Basic DNS includes FREE simple DNS statistics
- New Basic DNS does not support External Domains, whereby domain names are registered at other registrars
DNS for External Domain Names
Legacy DNS zones (zones created BEFORE October 15, 2018) still have the same support, pricing and billing for external domain names as it did before.
- HEXONET will continue to bill monthly for external DNS zones, which is the same as before, until October 15, 2019.
- Upgrading to a Premium DNS zone is required before October 15, 2019 for continued external domain name support.
- After October 15, 2019, Legacy DNS zones that are still being used with an external domain name will be permanently deleted.
Since Basic DNS does not support external domain names, you must purchase an upgrade or initially purchase a Premium DNS for any domain name not registered through HEXONET.
What happens to my old Internal DNS zones?
Old Internal DNS zones, that are now called Legacy DNS zones, will continue to operate unaffected and unchanged under the old internal DNS system until October 15, 2019
- You can view all of your Legacy DNS zones under DNS Service > Legacy DNS Zones in the Control Panel
- You can continue to edit, configure, and delete Legacy DNS zones as you did before until October 15, 2019
- You can no longer create new DNS zones with old Internal DNS system
- If you are using a Legacy DNS zone with a domain name registered through HEXONET, it will be automatically migrated to Basic DNS on October 15, 2019
- If you are using a Legacy DNS zone with an external domain name, the Legacy DNS zone will be permanently deleted and the monthly billing will stop on October 15, 2019
Can I migrate my old Internal DNS zones to Basic DNS or Premium DNS?
Currently, it is not possible to migrate an old Internal DNS zone to the new Basic DNS. Automatic and system wide migration of old Internal DNS zones (Legacy DNS zones) to Basic DNS will occur on October 15, 2019, at no additional cost.
You can upgrade old Internal DNS zones to paid Premium DNS before October 15, 2019.
- If the respective domain name is registered through HEXONET: all DNS records is automatically cloned into the Premium DNS zone and the old internal DNS zone is permanently deleted.
- If the respective domain name is NOT registered through HEXONET (external domain name): all DNS records is automatically cloned into the Premium DNS zone, the old internal DNS zone is permanently deleted, and all monthly billing for external DNS zone will stop.