From HEXONET Wiki
|Country||Federation of Russia|
.ru, .com.ru, .net.ru, .org.ru, .pp.ru, .рф
|Allowed number of NS||
0 to 13
|Host IP-Addresses Type||
|Hosts managed as||
|Root Nameserver Update||
several times a day
|SEC DNS Interface||
|Transfer Authcode required||
|Transfer ACK by||
|Transfer NACK by||
|Owner Change by||
|Trade Confirmation (Request / Approve)||
MAIL / -
|Add Grace Period||
|Deletion Restorable Period||
|Deletion Hold Period||
Domains can be registered with the API AddDomain command.
command = AddDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
ownercontact0 = (CONTACT) admincontact0 = (CONTACT) techcontact0 = (CONTACT) billingcontact0 = (CONTACT) nameserver0 = (NAMESERVER) nameserver1 = (NAMESERVER)
auth = <TEXT> | <NULL> transferlock = 0 | 1 | <NULL> subuser = <TEXT> | <NULL> X-RU-REGISTRANT-BIRTH-DATE = YYYY-MM-DD X-RU-REGISTRANT-PASSPORT-DATA = <TEXT> X-RU-ACCEPT-INDIVIDUAL-REGISTRATION-TAC = 0 | 1 (0 = No, 1 = Yes)
The losing registrar has to inititate the transfer to push the domain to the gaining (new) registrar. The gaining registrar has to be aware of the planned domain transfer. Hence the transfer has to be requested with the API TransferDomain command.
command = TransferDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
period = <PERIOD> auth = <TEXT>
command = DeleteDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
Restores can be processed automatically but not in realtime. A restore is possible within 30 days upon deletion. Please use the command RestoreDomain.
command = RestoreDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
renewalmode = <NULL> | <TEXT> subuser = <TEXT>
All details, except Name and organization, can only changed with a handle update. Handles cannot be replaced for an update of the address details, phone or email. An Ownerchange (Name/Organization) must be changed with a TRADE request.
You will find more information in the TLD specific section.
If you wish to register a .RU domain for an individual through API, kindly add these additional parameters to the AddDomain API command:
X-RU-REGISTRANT-BIRTH-DATE = YYYY-MM-DD X-RU-REGISTRANT-PASSPORT-DATA = <TEXT> X-RU-ACCEPT-INDIVIDUAL-REGISTRATION-TAC = 0 | 1 (0 = No, 1 = Yes)
The customer in submitting a .RU domain registration through HEXONET explicitly agrees to indemnify HEXONET against any and all liability, loss, damages and legal costs in the transmission of identification information, understanding that HEXONET deletes identification information from all its systems immediately after transmission. The customer understands and accepts that the .RU registry may choose to store identification information along with other registration data on their own accord and completely independent from HEXONET.
In following cases a verification of the registrant is necessary:
- Change of data required of Registrant's identification
- Transfer to another Registrar
- Domain ownership transfer to another Registrant (change of owner)
- Cancellation of administration rights (deletion)
- Registration of .SU domains
For the various types of domain owners, the following information has to be provided:
- for legal entities: a copy of the certificate about state registration of a legal entity issued by the state authorities
- for natural persons: passport copy (personal details and issuance data)
- for entrepreneur: passport copy (personal details and issuance data)
Copies of identification documents need to get submitted to the registry by:
e-mail: email@example.com fax: +7 (495) 7370602 regular mail: 123308, 3d Khoroshevskaya str., 2/1, Moscow, Russia RU-CENTER regular mail: 125315, Leningradsky prospekt, 74, bldg. 4, Moscow, Russia
In the event you choose to send via email, please ensure that all Digital ID document copies are submitted in one of the following formats: "jpg", "png", "gif" or "pdf" format.
Until the domain owner has been verified, the WHOIS output will contain the following line:
state: REGISTERED, DELEGATED, UNVERIFIED
After the successful verification the domain owner will receive an email and the state in the WHOIS will change to:
state: REGISTERED, DELEGATED, VERIFIED
Example request email to the registry:
Dear Nic.RU, Attached you will find the paper of <required document> for the company <your company> which is the owner of the domain name "<your domain name>". We hereby want to verify the contract id <your contract id>. Please contact us if you need further information to validate our identity. Best regards, ...
Example response email of the registry:
Здравствуйте, Сообщаем Вам, что копия свидетельства о регистрации организации DOMAIN OWNER для анкеты NIC-HANDLE компанией RU-CENTER получена. --- Административная группа RU-CENTER E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (495) 737-0601 ---------------------------- english --------------------------- Hello, Your documents have been received. Legal entity DOMAIN OWNER has been successfully identified. --- RU-CENTER Administrative group E-mail: email@example.com Phone: (495) 737-0601
Standard configured nameservers are required.
The Transfer procedure for .RU domains is semi-automated. To transfer a .RU domain into your account, please follow these steps:
- Initiate the transfer in your account using TransferDomain via the API or the respective function in the Control Panel.
- Please fill out the form found at https://www.nic.ru/help/services-support-transfer-without-owner-change-from-ru-center-to-a-partner-from-a-partner-to-ru-cent_1551.html#p1 under 1.2..
- For companies, "Charter or Power of Attorney No" can be left blank.
- For "Partner Agreement" use 5353/NIC-REG, "Organization identifier" can also be left empty.
- For individuals, a copy of passport should be attached to the letter.
- Send it via post to RU-CENTER, 2/1, 3d Khoroshevskaya str., Moscow, 123308, Russian Federation.
From another Registrar
- Start the transfer via the control panel.
- Contact Hexonet Support with the details to create a contact ID at the registry, or provide an existing contact ID. (The provided details must match the current registrant of the domain, and the birthdate and passport number are also necessary for individuals.)
- Hexonet Support submits the domain transfer to the registry. If the provided contact handle does not match the existing contact details, the transfer is rejected after a period of time.
In general, you simply have to set the renewal mode of a .RU domain to AUTOEXPIRE. Then the domain will get deleted as soon as the expiration date is reached. To delete a .RU domain directly during the normal registration period, you have to sent an original cancelation letter by post to the registry (only originals are accepted). It is not possible to delete a domain directly with the DeleteDomain command.
The letter should be sent to:
p.o. box 123182, 1 Kurchatov square, Moscow, Russia "Regional Network Information Center", RU-CENTER
(Attention: courier mail is not accepted at this address)
The letter should be mounted on an organization's form, signed by the head of the organization. If the letter is signed by someone, acting on the basis of other documents (warrant) than the letter should be mounted on behalf of this person with indication of his authority (position, surname, name) and also indicate the number and date of the document, confirming his authority. A copy of the warrant should be attached to the letter. Copies of documents can be sent by fax to +7(495) 737-0602 Please find any further information on nic.ru's site.
Replacing the contact handle is only possible via a trade.
Once the trade has been requested, please print the document provided from our Domain PDF Generator and send it to the registry.
Password / Contract Number
If you have forgotten the administrator password or contract number: