From HEXONET Wiki
|Allowed number of NS||
0 to 13
|Host IP-Addresses Type||
|Hosts managed as||
|Root Nameserver Update||
|SEC DNS Interface||
|Transfer Authcode required||
|Owner Change by||
|Add Grace Period||
|Deletion Restorable Period||
|Deletion Hold Period||
Registrant Nexus Requirements
Any Applicant, any party submitting a Domain Name Registration Request and any Domain Name Holder represents and warrants that:
- it meets the nexus requirement of having a bona fide connection to Somalia, which includes but are not limited to a) institutions and organizations in Somalia; b) residents of Somalia; c) others who have a legitimate, clear and provable connection to Somalia;
- it will meet the nexus requirement above at all times during the period in which the domain registration is valid; to its knowledge, the registration of the Domain Name mentioned in the Application or Domain Name Registration Request will not infringe upon or otherwise violate the rights of any third party;
- it is not submitting the Application or Domain Name Registration Request and, upon registration, will not use the Domain Name for an unlawful purpose (which, for the avoidance of doubt, includes concepts and content relating to indecency, pornography and gambling), contrary to public policy or morality, for offensive purposes, to mislead the public and/or contrary to good and fair business practices; and
- it will not knowingly use the domain name in violation of any applicable laws or regulations, including third party interests; and
- it will keep the WHOIS information related to the Domain Name accurate and up-to-date at all times, both with its Registrar and the Registry.
Domains can be registered in Real-Time with the API AddDomain command.
command = AddDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
ownercontact0 = (CONTACT) admincontact0 = (CONTACT) techcontact0 = (CONTACT) billingcontact0 = (CONTACT) nameserver0 = (NAMESERVER) nameserver1 = (NAMESERVER)
auth = <TEXT> | <NULL> transferlock = 0 | 1 | <NULL> subuser = <TEXT> | <NULL>
The transfer has to be initiated by the gaining registrar and can be requested with the API TransferDomain command.
A valid Authorization Code must be provided to initiate a transfer successfully. You may obtain the authorization code from the losing registrar.
Domain transfers are processed in Real-Time.
A pending transfer will auto-approve after 5 days.
command = TransferDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
auth = <TEXT> | <NULL> action = REQUEST | APPROVE | DENY | CANCEL | USERTRANSFER
order = CREATE | REPLACE | UPDATE period = <PERIOD> transferlock = 0 | 1 | <NULL> subuser = <TEXT> | <NULL>
Domains can be deleted with the API DeleteDomain command.
There is a Deletion Restorable Period of 30 days and a following Deletion Hold Period of 0 days.
It is not possible to delete .SO domains if there are active Host Records. Attempting to do so will return the error "Object association prohibits operation: subordinate hosts".
command = DeleteDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
Restores can be processed in realtime. A restore is possible within 30 days upon deletion. Please use the command RestoreDomain.
command = RestoreDomain domain = (DOMAIN)
renewalmode = <NULL> | <TEXT> subuser = <TEXT>
An Ownerchange is free of charge and can be done with the API ModifyDomain command.
There are special requirements regarding the format of the authorization code. Please consider the following restrictions, if you want to assign a new authorization code to a .SO domain:
- Minimum 8 characters
- having at least one (1) numeric,
- one (1) alphabetic, and
- one (1) special character
These syntax rules are legible as of November 14th, 2009. It is possible that updates for domains which still have an "old" AuthCode assigned, will fail with this error message:
You may generate a valid random auth code by adding this parameter to the ModifyDomain command:
GENERATERANDOMAUTH = 1
command = ModifyDomain domain = domain.so generaterandomauth = 1
The following overview shows you all available Domain Addons which can be used for this special kind of TLD. It also shows the respective API parameters which are required to activate the Domain Addons:
|Addon Class||Parameter to (de)activate *1)||Renewal term *2)||Affected Parameters *3)|
|Proxy (WHOISTRUSTEE_SO2)||X-ACCEPT-WHOISTRUSTEE-TAC = 0 | 1||1 month||All Contacts|